About our hair
Amazing hair is hard to find. Amazing hair with no shedding, frizz or tangling is even harder. We are bridging that gap.
Every wig begins with a single strand...
- When creating a lace wig there are over twenty intricate steps that need to be done to ensure a quality wig.
- Some of those steps include hand picking quality hair from donors, caring for the hair until it is hand sewn onto the wig strand by strand.
- All hair cuticles are intact and naturally aligned in one direction which prevents matting and tangling.
- Between 80,000-90,000 strands of hair are hand sewn onto the wig. This takes anywhere from 30 to 40 days for one person to do.
What about the Hair?
Our Instaglam lace wigs are made from 100% unprocessed Raw Cambodian hair that has not been altered by any chemical processes; this hair is literally cut from one donor head, this is our secret to giving you that realistic consistency, therefore it has a distinct natural hair pattern that fits your own crown naturally.
Why we choose Cambodian hair?
Virgin hair is the highest quality human hair available on the market. This hair is expensive, but lasts longer than remy hair, making it worth the investment. As you know there are many countries in which to source hair. We find that most Cambodian donors are less likely to have previously permed or colour treated hair, resulting in healthy cuticles and thus more durable hair. Our aim is to ensure that you end up with the least processed unit for the longest use.
You can refer to the chart below for better understanding:
*special attention to virgin hair (all #teamwigz hair is virgin hair unless stated otherwise)
So what is the advantage of Raw / Virgin Hair?
- Higher quality and longer lasting hair
- Natural looking and flowing hair that blends with all hair types
- Cuticle aligned hair. No matting. No shedding.
- No chemical processing until coloured
- Hair is purely from one person no blended lengths or hair additives.
Single donor post growth period